[OpenIndiana-discuss] Yubico on OpenIndiana

James Relph james at themacplace.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 09:56:22 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've managed to get a YubiKey ( http://www.yubico.com ) working on Oi151a7 (follow up post on that shortly) but I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to use that with the build in SSH service, or if it does require OpenSSH installing?  I've got to the point where it asks for the YubiKey OTP (and seems to accept it) on login over SSH, but when it asks for the user password after that it then just goes round in circles for a bit asking for a new OTP and then the password again.  The examples I've seen on similar systems (SmartOS for example - http://blogs.everycity.co.uk/alasdair/2013/01/two-factor-ssh-authentication-with-yubico-yubikeys-on-smartos/ ) use OpenSSH but I wasn't sure if that was via choice or necessity?

Thanks,

James

Principal Consultant

Website:		www.themacplace.co.uk