[OpenIndiana-discuss] *****SPAM***** Re: Anyone using OpenIndiana in production?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Mar 27 03:12:19 UTC 2013

Spam detection software, running on the system "portal.local", has
christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk for details.

Content preview:  Hi Gerry, I use OI as a samba file server. Data wise, I have
   had zero issues with OI. File serving wise, I have had my share of fist shaking.
   Currently samba is kind of unmaintained. The repository has an old and problematic
   version of samba (3.5.7) although I have been involved in reporting issues
   with that version and also testing patches for the build tree for newer versions.
   In the end, I have had to 'roll my own' by installing from source over the
   package binaries. The package system does not give you the flexibility of
   rolling your own packages unless you start your own consolidation or pretty
   much fork your own. [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.7 SPF_SOFTFAIL           SPF: sender does not match SPF record (softfail)
 0.1 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS
 6.8 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list