[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for capable notebook for OI and other OSes, small size and with real network.

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:59:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Geoff Nordli <geoffn at gnaa.net> wrote:

> In the specs it says:
>
> Connectivity
>     Wired: Integrated Intel 82579M/V 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
>
> I have an M4500, which has been a good machine, though I am running Ubuntu
> on it.

Oh, by the way, I had to update the e1000g driver to correctly
recognize the link status on the 82579m (otherwise it thinks
the link is always there, preventing nwam from using wifi...)

When I get a chance, I'll get that work into illumos.
(Or at least post it where people can pick it up.)

--
Gordon Ross <gwr at nexenta.com>
Nexenta Systems, Inc.  www.nexenta.com