[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dhcp woes, (was Re: Anyone using OpenIndiana in production?)

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Mar 28 06:19:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-27 23:17, Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) wrote:
> I can't believe there's this new dhcpmgr, dhcpconfig,  several config files, some binfiles that I presume I can't read or edit...  3+ packages that need to be installed...

Well, for old Solaris folks this is very *not new*, dhcpmgr and stuff.

You can edit the text-format files easily (unlike their binfiles
counterparts, but you are not required to use one format - hence I
stick to textfiles), though this is discouraged. The official way
is via pntadm (IIRC) which wraps the edition of these config files
in whatever format they are stored and signals the DHCP server to
reread them.

HTH,
Jim