[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anyone using OpenIndiana in production?

James Dickens jamesd.wi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:35:16 UTC 2013

Guess I have to add in my N40L story, use it for my home used for both NFS
and CIFS, rsync, ftp, and scp file transfers, and dns no issues what so
ever serving isos via nfs to my esxi hosts, have a few vmware guests using
nfs for datastore on esxi. patched it a few months ago and never rebooted,
to get the latest bits. 2x 2TB drives mirrored and 250GB sata drive for
rpool. routinely see 60-80MB/s filetransfers over all file transfer
protocols. Yes home file servers can be classified when 2 adult children at
home with computers, and wife (netbook) plus me doing telecommuting 5 days
a week down time gets annoying.

OpenIndiana (powered by illumos)    SunOS 5.11    oi_151a7    October 2012
n40l:~$ uname -a
SunOS n40l 5.11 oi_151a7 i86pc i386 i86pc
n40l:~$ uptime
 10:28pm  up 608 day(s), 22:22,  1 user,  load average: 0.26, 0.36, 0.26
n40l:~$

James