[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anyone using OpenIndiana in production?

Jose-Marcio Martins Jose-Marcio.Martins at mines-paristech.fr
Fri Mar 29 11:10:31 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm not yet running it in production servers, but I'm ready to begin.

I've compile many things on it - squid, bind, AMP (apache, mysql, ...),
mail filters, ... - to check compatibility. I've done some simple tests.
No real problem found till now. I'll use it with zones.

But a friend told me that he found problems with new Dell Servers,
specifically with the H310 Raid. The driver shall be got somewhere and
added during installation. Not pratical... So, if in a near future,
there won't be any updates, adding new hardware drivers, the OS will
soon become useless.

My two cents..

JM