[OpenIndiana-discuss] Added a page on the wiki about using Xvnc for multiple simultaneous graphical logins.

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Fri Mar 29 11:20:02 UTC 2013

> From: Hans J. Albertsson [mailto:hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se]
>
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/4.7+Remote+Graphical+Login:+Using+Xvnc+
> and+gdm

That's interesting ... So correct me if I'm wrong, you VNC to your server on 5900, and you get a login prompt as if you were sitting down in front of the physical console.  Every new connection to 5900 gets a new login prompt, so you don't have to consume more ports (5901, 5902, etc).

But if your VNC client crashes for some reason, what happens?  I'm guessing the VNC session dies and all the programs inside it die too.  There is no session manager; when you login to 5900 you can't reconnect to a previously existing session.  Right?