[OpenIndiana-discuss] 2.88Mb floppy image file.

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:14:26 UTC 2013

Ta for the mkfs, I knew I was missing something.

The PC was in an office that I didn't control, Ubuntu, and gparted iso's
booted happily, and the only good DOS boot isos that I could get my hands
on were all 1.44Mb ... fdos.org was supposed to have 2.88Mb floppies, but
the site is down, and freedos.org seemed to have "install" cd's not
"bootable" ones

Neither the CDrom, or the Hard-disk were available to be accessed from DOS,
so it was a boot and run within the .img file, I needed a ramdisk because
the Dell BIOS extracted a 2Mb "waste" file while it was running ... there
were several CD's that just went into the bin with a lot of trial and error.

I did in the end bring it back to our building, so I guess I could have
tried a net-boot ... or taken an image off one of my old "do everything"
disks that allowed ZIP drive access ... ahh well.

I hope to never have to go near that computer again, it's "working" now but
there are some other problems with it (specific home made PCI card no
longer works) :(

Thanks for clearing up the problem formatting the file :)

Jon