[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sata Port Multiplier

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue May 14 10:44:19 UTC 2013

Mark,

I struggled with a port multiplier in a similar configuration (but older
chipset) until I finally gave up, bought an 8 port card and bypassed it
with a lovely sata octopus. :(  I even started hacking at the driver
code where I found some things that seemed unfinished but was never
totally successful.  This was back around build 121 so things may be
better now.  I doubt it because there wasn't much interest in getting
this feature working.  Sorry I can't give you the magical incantation to
get things going.

Gary