[OpenIndiana-discuss] Ubuntu 13.04 cifs error

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Tue May 14 19:02:27 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I updated my Ubuntu client to 13.04 and trying to map a CiFS share from
my OI server, I get an IO error, no matter what I do.

I asked on the Ubuntu forum and got this back...

---
It's unfortunate that the error is reported as an I/O error. It's not
really. it's a mount error. See the part in red Code:

mount error(5): Input/output error
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

This may be do to incompatibility in the Solaris version of CIFS. They
roll their own (It's not Samba at all). Try a more basic mount command.
---

Can anyone offer any insight in to the issue please?

Many thanks,

Michelle.