[OpenIndiana-discuss] samba with zfs acls and shadow copies

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Thu May 23 11:50:46 UTC 2013

On 23/05/13 12:08, Martin Walter wrote:
> I will take a look. But I would really prefer to have an *actual*
> Samba version with ZFS-specific features like ACLs and shadow copies
> supported by OpenIndiana.

Not sure what you mean by «actual» there. Those bits are part of the
regular Samba source, not OI specific (some might have been contributed
by Sun back in the days).
As for OI support, well, I've never tried to buy any myself, but so far,
it seems to have always been «why don't you use the CIFS server»? (don't
worry, it's never worked well for me either, I use Samba on Solaris 11
and OI when in need, it is good enough and well-documented).

Anyway, just a suggestion, see what's best for you :-)

Thanks in any case for pointing that 3.6.15 was out, I had missed it,
and it seems I was hitting the guest bug it corrects.

Laurent