[OpenIndiana-discuss] Email cron job results

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri May 24 12:35:09 UTC 2013

On 5/23/13 10:54 PM, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> Bravo!
>
> That works for me!
>
> Thank you very much!

Do you have /etc/aliases entries to redirect mail?  If not, I strongly
recommend putting at least the standard sort of entries there.

No, Solaris cron is standard System V cron, and doesn't some of the
extensions you see on other platforms.  The man page gives the details.
 In the rare cases when I want something in cron to send email to a
specific address, I just add a "| mailx ...." to redirect as desired.

But setting up /etc/aliases properly gets 99 and 44/100ths percent of
the issues.