[OpenIndiana-discuss] Error in send/receive in moving a zone

Mark Creamer whitetr6 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 20:23:37 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm attempting to move a zone to another server using the same steps I
came up with the other day, which has been working until now:

1. Halt the source zone
2. Snapshot the source zone:  zfs snapshot -r datastore/zones/db163 at migrate
3. zfs send -R datastore/zones/db163 at migrate | ssh dest-server zfs receive
-d datastore

The send/receive begins. One the destination server, I can see
datastore/zones/db163 and datastore/zones/db163/ROOT created.

A few moments later, I get the following error on the source server:

cannot receive: local origin for clone
datastore/zones/db163/ROOT/zbe-3 at zfs-auto-snap_monthly-2012-01-10-14h35does
not exist

I guess it's saying there is a dependency on that old snapshot that must
not exist anymore, so it can't build the zone properly on the destination
server. How do I resolve this? Am I missing a switch in my command
somewhere?

Thanks!

--
Mark