[OpenIndiana-discuss] replacing an open solaris box

Kristoff Bonne kristoff at skypro.be
Tue May 28 09:53:52 UTC 2013

Hi Nikola, (and Edward)

(inline reply)

On 25-05-13 08:43, Nikola M. wrote:
> On 05/24/13 02:46 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) wrote:

(...)
> If you are doing fresh-install of OI, I personally suggest installing
> from OI 151a3 (because it is latest that makes fresh zpool version 28
> and zfs version 5, for compatibility with other systems and S11.
> And then update to newest OI.
This is indeed going to be a fresh install.

Apparently, they did try to upgrade it to the 2009.06 release once but
it crashed during boot on that version so they went back to 2008.11

I'm not going to make it to difficult and simply do a fresh install from
scratch.

Is there a list of applications that does work OK? As said, my
requirements are not that special: thunderbird, firefox, virtual box.

Is there a list of what software runs OK on this OK and what versions?

| N.
Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.