[OpenIndiana-discuss] illumos install problem

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri May 31 12:13:31 UTC 2013

On 05/31/2013 15:31, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
> I've just built illumos-gate in zone and now I'm trying to install it in
> the base system. However, pkg exits with error during update:
>
> # ./usr/src/tools/scripts/onu -t illumos-2013-05-30-patched -d
> /zones/build/root/export/home/build/srcs/illumos-gate/packages/i386/nightly/
>
> Created successfully
> Mounted successfully on: '/tmp/onu.5yaiLU'
>              Packages to remove:  1
>         Create boot environment: No
> Create backup boot environment: No
>
> PHASE                                        ACTIONS
> Removal Phase                                    5/5
>
> PHASE                                          ITEMS
> Package State Update Phase                       1/1
> Package Cache Update Phase                       1/1
> Image State Update Phase                         2/2
> pkg: 2/3 catalogs successfully updated:
>
> file protocol error: code: 37
> (happened 4 times)
>
> pkg -R /tmp/onu.5yaiLU refresh --full failed: exit code 3
>
> What can be a reason for this and how can it be fixed?

truss shows

open64("/build/root/export/home/build/srcs/illumos-gate/packages/i386/nightly/repo.redist/catalog/catalog.attrs",
O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT

Why does pkg searches for data in /build/root, when it is said to look
for in /zones/build/root?

I've made symlink /build => /zones/build and this solved the problem,
but why did it cut off the top directory in the path?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,