[OpenIndiana-discuss] mysql-connector-java OI very slow

DormitionSkete@hotmail.com dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 19:23:41 UTC 2013

We brought our first OI server online a couple of days ago, and we've been having problems with our Java Swing database applications being very slow.  That is, the queries that are hitting the mysql 5.1 server on the OI box are now very slow.

This does not appear to be a problem with database applications that use other mysql drivers.

We've been using mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar with no problem, until we switched from an Ubuntu Linux box to this new OpenIndiana server.

I'm in the process of trying other java drivers, but has anyone else run into this?  And if so, how did you get it to work?

We'd greatly appreciate any help you can give.

fp