[OpenIndiana-discuss] undefined symbol __gnu_cxx::__pool<true>::_M_reserve_block(unsigned int, unsigned int)

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 15:56:03 UTC 2013

> /*
> * Need to provide proper symbol names in case this library is used by
>
> * C++.
> */
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> extern "C" {
> #endif
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> }
> #endif

Indeed, that was the error. I added the two delimiters and recompiled the modules
that used the specific header and yes the linker had no problem. This was an
obvious error but if it is so obvious I wonder how people manage to compile
things under Linux? Thanks for your help and your assistance!

Regards,
A.S.