[OpenIndiana-discuss] removing a disk after a replace

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Thu Nov 7 09:31:39 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 10:21, Peter Tribble wrote:
> No, detach is the appropriate option here. It's a little whacky,
> but you're operating on the replacing vdev which is essentially a
> mirror and you want to detach one component of it.

Really? And that works using nas as the pool name? Or do you tell it to
use that replacing vdev? I've not seen that use so far. When replacing a
disk that has been removed already, I don't see how that's a mirror,
since the new disk must be reconstructed from the rest of the raidz, not
from the removed disk. I find it confusing as hell, and redundant with
the use of replace.

> Normally,
> though, I see the device with /old appended, although that's with
> c#t#d# notation.

The /old only makes sense when you're replacing a device with the same
device name. Here with WWN, it's not needed.

Laurent