[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 151a8 Error : System --> Administration --> User and Groups

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Nov 10 16:15:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

On ne, 2013-11-10 at 08:52 +0100, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
> Handojo wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am encountering a frozen display on System --> Administration --> User and Groups
> >
> > After I entered the required root password, the User and Groups Window is still frozen, as if it doesn't know that the popup window requesting password has returned.
> > This make it unusable.
> >
> > Should I : re-burn the OI151a8 iso, and reinstall again ?
>
> No : the bug is present in all recent versions, up to
> the latest hipster. Same for "time and date" and other
> administration tools.
>
> I just hope it is related to bug 4043 whose root cause
> is supposed to be known (https://www.illumos.org/issues/4043)

no, it is not related to that bug. Because I use OI with fixed this for
1 month already. I did not find the root cause for admin tools problem
yet, mainly because I did not pay attention to it too much. But I see
users are missing it, I will look at it.

Anyway, many regressions were fixed in the last JDS build (on
http://pkg.opensolaris.cz/osol/) but I am not the one who has power to
include it to OI or hipster releases.

> In the meantime, use groupadd and useradd or downgrade
> to an older version.

Best regards,

Milan