[OpenIndiana-discuss] Missing "dladm show-dev"

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Nov 15 17:04:12 UTC 2013

On 11/15/13 11:51, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   Back in Solaris 10 I used "dladm show-dev" to list the devices
> (and more importantly bound drivers) for NICs. In Openindiana this
> command seems not implemented, or possibly removed? What gives? :)

It's a shame the architectural information has been removed.  This was
the "Clearview Nemo Unification and Vanity Naming" (PSARC 2006/499) project.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a place where you could download the
"uv-design.pdf" document that explains all of the changes.  You have to
rely on the current man pages instead.

Device (as in show-dev and -d <dev>) was replaced by link, vlan, and
phys as the units of management in dladm.