[OpenIndiana-discuss] Selecting video mode for text mode in OI

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sat Nov 16 15:13:08 UTC 2013

>    Has anybody bothered trying larger resolutions (80x50 or so)
> in text-mode OI/illumos/Solaris-x86 outputs? This would help
> in systems debugging a lot :) I guess something of the kind
> could be inherited from GRUB, but my first tests did not get
> it to do the job either :\

I would also be interested in this.  Does the mechanism supported
by Oracle Solaris 11 not work?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-2726/gkkvs.html#gkwvf

I always thought that this is a Grub modification thing and hence
available openly but I never checked.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"