[OpenIndiana-discuss] spool replace says the disk has a different sector alignment

Francis Swasey Frank.Swasey at uvm.edu
Tue Nov 19 18:29:03 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have been given a disk array that had to be set up using MegaCLI and each disk is a raid0.  Today, I had to replace a failed disk, and after creating the new Raid0 LD, zpool replace fails with the message:

cannot replace c5t0d0 with c5t0d0: devices have different sector alignment

However, all the MegaCLI and prtvtoc commands tell me that the geometry of the new disk is identical to the old one.

I'm hesitant to reboot, that just seems like way overkill for a simple failed disk - and I'm afraid it might make matters worse.

I'm running OpenIndiana 151a8.   Has anyone seen this error before and have a solution?

Thanks,