[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bug or feature in SMF? "svcadm restart" vs "disable+enable"

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Nov 20 10:15:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-20 05:15, Gary Mills wrote:
> I'm still trying to get a picture of what you are doing.  My
> understanding is that a local zone can only be started or stopped from
> the global zone, with the `zoneadm' command, and that the
> svc:/system/zones:default service takes care of starting and stopping
> local zones when the global zone starts up or shuts down.

Oh, I see now. We are indeed talking about different things :)
My fault, I guess: I did not reference that as my example I was
basing off my recent thread "Local zones as SMF service instances",
more here: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Zones+as+SMF+services

Also, for the sake of THIS discussion, "SMFized" zones are just
an example of a service which starts and stops long enough for
the discrepancy between "svcadm restart" and "svcadm disable -s;
svcadm enable" to be visible.

Thanks,
//Jim