[OpenIndiana-discuss] (no subject)

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Fri Nov 22 09:35:00 UTC 2013

Hi Rainer,

>Yep. Didn't work for me, as I need the system to boot right into a
>networking state. Like all of the NWAM documentation I found, I had to
>log in before the networking came up.

what do you mean by 'boot into a networking state'? Simply boot and configure a static network address without your intervention? And we're talking about oi_158a installed to a disk and booting via GRUB? That should work!

Can you give me the output of ...

# svcs -xv
# svcs nwam
# nwamcfg list
# nwamadm list

... and, if you're using the automatic profile and your NCU is e1000g0 (modify it otherwise) the output of:

# nwamcfg "select ncp automatic; select ncu ip e1000g0; list -a"

Cheers
 Stefan.