[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster ISOs

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Nov 22 10:46:19 UTC 2013

On 22/11/2013 11:38, Stefan Müller-Wilken wrote:
> Well, for production I'd hope for a little more than "didn't crash" ;-) but that's already a good indication.
>
> Why don't we promote Hipster ISOs more visibly on openindiana.org? ...

As already discussed in another thread a few days ago,
/hipster is NOT for production, but a bleeding edge testbed
for transition to gcc compiled OI. It can break at any time
and it can eat all you data and burn your house.
Do never expect at any time that this will work without flaw.
Do not even consider to use that in production.

OI /dev is the current near release-quality branch for
productive work.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php