[OpenIndiana-discuss] Add Gnome to server install

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Nov 22 19:08:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-22 19:58, Rainer Heilke wrote:
> To add Gnome, would a:
>
> pkg -R consolidation/gnome/gnome-corporation install entire
> do the trick? (Thanks for the pointer, Jim.)

The "-R" parameter, like with many other commands, specifies the
path to root of alternate boot environment (so as to not break the
current BE). For example:

:; beadm create oi-gui
:; beadm mount oi-gui /a
:; pkg -R /a install entire

or perhaps

:; pkg -R /a install consolidation/gnome/gnome-incorporation

(note the INcorporation) - I did not actually try this, but expect
it to work.

//Jim