[OpenIndiana-discuss] Offtopic question to old SPARC users

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 03:40:54 UTC 2013

FWIW If it is the NVRAM, it's probably not a big problem if you can get the replacement part.  I went through this mid 90's w/o any problems. Don't actually recall what the system was as I had several then, but the 4/110 seems a likely candidate.  I'm pretty sure I was at the "won't boot" stage when I discovered the problem.

On the other hand, I think the cost of electricity is a pretty compelling argument for system replacement.