[OpenIndiana-discuss] Offtopic question to old SPARC users

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sat Nov 23 20:29:49 UTC 2013

Hi Jim!

> Still, may i ask to mail us the small spare components like the
> nvram chips or ram modules? That setup is not in USA, but i guess we
> can figure something about snail mail... thanks in advance =)

Don't bother.  There is lots of stuff for E450s right here in Europe.
I have some, for example. :-)  Contact me off list about that.

Even so, it is only a matter of time before the "new" NVRAM will
be empty, too.  Much better to fix your NVRAM (first try with a spare
though :-).

Like this

  http://gigawa.lt/gigawa.lt/Sun_NVRAM.html

or this

  http://www.users.on.net/~toojays/sparcstation_nvram.xhtml

:-)

BTW on the newer NVRAMs (those in sun4u systems like the E450),
the hex digits printed on the label are the last three bytes of
the host id.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"