[OpenIndiana-discuss] using 151a8 in production

David Thistlethwaite david at thistlethwaites.com
Mon Nov 25 07:12:01 UTC 2013

Hello folks

I am a newbie to openindiana.

I am considering using the 151a8 version as a production server, the
server will perform the following

1)      Server files via samba and NFS

2)      Run around 10 virtual machines using virtualbox, these machines
will be web servers and Microsoft AD and exchange boxes.

3)      ZFS is a must and I am considering openindiana as it will
probably have the most stable code base for zfs (as I cannot afford to
purchase solaris)

The load on this system will be very light but I need a server that will
be rock solid, as downtime is an serious issue.

I am seeking advice as the release notes state that 152a8 is a
development release ?

I appreciate all opinions in this regard.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom