[OpenIndiana-discuss] grub is gone

Wallbank, Mark wallbankm at st-maryshigh.lancs.sch.uk
Wed Nov 27 15:32:26 UTC 2013

Hi
If windows 7 is using the old fashioned boot loader just dd off the first 512 bytes of a *nix disk, place the file in the root of the windows partition and put an entry pointing to it in the boot.ini file, then you can use the windows boot loader to boot into a different os. I know this is not much use to you but I find it a useful backup for when you have to reinstall windows on a multi boot machine.
Cheers
Mark

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.