[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update and zones

Paul van der Zwan paulz at vanderzwan.org
Sat Nov 30 12:18:56 UTC 2013

I have a system running two local zones in addition to the global zone.
I have updated the global zone a few times using the hipster repo, last time about 2 weeks ago.
This morning I wanted to install php in the webserver zone and noticed the php.so file would not work
because my libc.so.1 was out of date.
It seems pkg update in the global zone does not update the local zones. On Oracle Solaris the zones were always automatically
following the global zone.

How can I make sure this happens on OI as well ?

TIA
	Paul