[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update and zones

Paul van der Zwan paulz at vanderzwan.org
Sat Nov 30 13:00:13 UTC 2013

On 30 Nov 2013, at 13:34, Predrag Zecevic <predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com> wrote:

> Am 30.11.2013 13:18, schrieb Paul van der Zwan:
>> I have a system running two local zones in addition to the global zone.
>> I have updated the global zone a few times using the hipster repo, last time about 2 weeks ago.
>> This morning I wanted to install php in the webserver zone and noticed the php.so file would not work
>> because my libc.so.1 was out of date.
>> It seems pkg update in the global zone does not update the local zones. On Oracle Solaris the zones were always automatically
>> following the global zone.
>>
>> How can I make sure this happens on OI as well ?
>>
>> TIA
>> 	Paul

> Hi,
>
> did you moved zones to /hipster too?

Not sure if those zones were created before or after I started using the hipster repo.
So far I have always used pkg only in the global zone. ( using -R to install packages in the local zones).

> If not, then you have to do manual update:
> pfexec zoneadm -z $Zone halt
> pfexec pkg -R $ZonePath/$Zone/root update -v
I have done that on one of the zones and that completed normally.
After that I ran pkg update in the global zone and the local zones are not even mentioned.
Can pkg on OI hipster update zones automatically at all ?

Thanks
	Paul