[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fastboot question

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Nov 30 17:57:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-29 20:46, Predrag Zecevic wrote:
>> Just in case, did you previously disable fastboot via SMF?
> How i can do this?

Quoting from another discussion (on OmniOS lists):

    On Oct 7, 2013, at 4:34 AM, Narayan Desai <narayan.desai at gmail.com>
wrote:

 >     This is caused by the system attempting to use fastboot on
default reboot. We've disabled that and things seem to work properly;
the following commands do the trick. (the first changes reboot not to
use fastboot, the second causes the system to do a full reboot upon panic)
 >      -nld

# svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop
config/fastreboot_default=false
# svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default

# svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop
config/fastreboot_onpanic=false
# svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Garrett D'Amore
<garrett.damore at dey-sys.com> wrote:

     If you're seeing hangs like this, I would appreciate knowing the
hardware configuration.  Prtconf -vp might be helpful.  Presumably this
is the result of one or more devices not doing the right thing for
quiesce().

     - Garrett

---

HTH,