[OpenIndiana-discuss] Opinions on LSI RAID vs. ZFS

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Wed Oct 9 07:33:34 UTC 2013

Hi all,

... so just to make sure I got that right: for the T3-1 you'd suggest to dump the PCIe HBA and go with the on-board SAS controller - even for production use? And for the DL380, where this is no option, place each drive in a single drive logical volum? And then, in both cases, build RAIDZ pools on top of that? Anyone a clue why our local Oracle dealer's tech support didn't even mention this option?

Cheers
 Stefan.