[OpenIndiana-discuss] pulseaudio

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:19:59 UTC 2013

On 10/10/13 11:04 AM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> SunRays aren't easily replaced. they're a very cheap, reliable and
> versatile system.
>
> SunRays all support high resolutions out of the box. They all support smart
> card technology to connect to the correct session.  They are a true
> thin-client, a SunRay client uses less electricity than my set of LED fairy
> lights, that I hang in the office at Christmas. The protocol they use is
> exceptionally light-weight, possibly even better than RDP, orders of
> magnitude better than VNC.
Let's see what manpower and otherwise support and contributions,
we can make then, to the JDS and Milan in leaving SunRay supported in OI
and have newer technologies that are to be ported (pulseaudio) to work
with it.
(Firstly with manpower and then other)

It is truly a measure of involvement in a project,
a way of us to be sure that, parts of OI user base, that we may be part of,
keep be happy and expand it's use.

I understand Milan, it is hard to justify supporting something you can
not buy a new one and sells new no more, nor find new unused
replacements for. And the need for the protocol to be open, too.

On the other side, I can not Imagine not to be able to use SunRays on
OI, and that user base of people that use OI for that, should not be
forgotten.
But I think It should be contributed to a project in a way Milan can use
it in a constructive way of helping him and us.