[OpenIndiana-discuss] building oi-userland components

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Oct 19 12:13:51 UTC 2013

Richard Feltstykket писал 19.10.2013 02:53:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying my hand at updating a component in oi-userland, libtorrent.
>  I've cloned the repository and done gmake setup in the components
> directory, but am I missing something else?  This is from oi hipster,
> just updated today.   Perhaps I'm missing some necessary build
> packages?  Thanks!

Hello, Richard.

I don't know about necessary built packages, but libtorrent and rtorrent
compilation will not work out of the box.
First of all, they depend on g++-compiled sigcpp ( library/g++/sigcpp ).
Then you'll need additional patches to make it work with gcc 4.7. And
possible some more patches to make
it work correctly on illumos (or Solaris) (look at pull requests at
https://github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/
and https://github.com/rakshasa/libtorrent/).

I've built rtorrent 0.9.3 / libtorrent 0.13.3 (they don't need patches
for gcc 4.7 compatibility), but
have a strange issue with some torrent files - rtorrent hangs in mmap
system call.
If you are interested, I'll share latest built scripts which I used to
build rtorrent.

---