[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs] problem on my zpool

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Wed Oct 23 06:00:37 UTC 2013

first, dont reboot. if you do you might not be able remount the pool. the data you see is from the disks that are functioning. listing the files and copying complete files are two different things. if you dont have a backup you may need to copy whatever partial data you can from the broken pool.

now let's start by getting the disks back in good shape.

clear the degraded disk
zpool clear c8t50014EE6561DDB4Cd0p0

reseat the missing disks in the hopes they come back then clear them

check cfgadm -al and make sure they are connected and configured

when you reseat them check the messages (or dmesg) to see if the system notices the re-insertion. if it does see the disk installed clear the disks in the pool in effort to bring the pool back to an operational state.

Sent from Jasons' hand held