[OpenIndiana-discuss] LibreOffice

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:48:43 UTC 2013

On 10/22/13 02:43 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the present status of getting LibreOffice built for
> OI or other illumos distros? If there is some brief detail which can
> be provided - I have a commercial interest in running LibreOffice on
> OI and would like to be able to help nail this if possible.
>
> Cheers,

Thank you for initiative of LibreOffice on Openindiana.
Might be good Idea to make new project under illumos:
https://www.illumos.org/projects
And here is also OI issues page:
https://www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana/issues

There is Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 available and compiled by
http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc and
http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-x86
that works on Openindiana.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots#

Haven't heard till now nor tried Sonicle compiled LibO. It would be
breakthrough if it is working there and that could possibly be compiled
on OI.

Checkout also Hipster /bombshelter/ rolling release, for experimenting
with updating distribution itself to fulfill AOO and/or LibO needs, that
could then end up in next OI /dev.