[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs] problem on my zpool

Warren Marts protonwrangler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 20:13:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Clement BRIZARD <clement at brizou.fr> wrote:

> The server is running a supermicro M/B, an intel i3 cpu and ecc memory. I
> thought using this kind of hardware would prevent me (mainly the ecc
> memory) from errors.
> Can the problem come from the sas/sata controler. I have an ibm m1015
> (sas, for the first vdev) and a lsi (a cheap one, sata, for the second)

 I believe an i3, i5, or i7 CPU will not give you ECC, regardless of the
motherboard or the memory modules. The memory controller on these chips
does not do ECC.

Only a Xeon (like an E3-1230) has ECC, even with your other components.

Problem with the drives is most likely cabling, vibration, or power, not
the controllers.