[OpenIndiana-discuss] LibreOffice

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Oct 24 09:58:33 UTC 2013

Thanx a lot for the suggestion.
We will surely consider this soon.
Gabriele
Da: Nikola M.
A: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
Cc: Gabriele Bulfon
Data: 24 ottobre 2013 7.38.27 CEST
Oggetto: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] LibreOffice
On 10/23/13 06:15 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
Hi,
our XStreamOS Desktop distro is coming out shortly, with Libre Office installed by deafult :)
Gabriele.
Hi Gabriele,
could you please move your (XStreamOS) mailing list(s) away from the
sourceforge?
Since sourceforge does not allow/make available mailing list archives,
(some stupidity with not creating public/non hidden mailing list
archives available and only unhidden mails archives available to only
mailing list admins)
So sourceforge mailing lists are basically useless for new people
wanting to download mailing list history, subscribe to it, concatenate
and transfer mailing list history in a mail client
and continue receiving messages on it.
Also sourceforge have that pretty not so well (at least for me ugly) Web
GUI for mailing lists,
- I prefer plain simple mailman one. So 2 points in minus to sourceforge
mailing list.
Maybe this is the right time before your release something, after that
more people may come there and troubles with sourceforge mailing lists
might alienate some people (like me). I am not subscribing to it untill
i can get previous mailing list archives.
I guess that sourceforge solution with it's shortcomings is for very
small projects with few or any messages and not as a long term solution
and desktop distribution seems like does not want to be a small one and
deserves at least standard mailing list infrastructure for a start and
independent (mailman)