[OpenIndiana-discuss] Daylight saving time - again

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 27 16:13:34 UTC 2013

On a computer which boots on OpenIndiana and Windows, I have to
obey the Windows requirement for the hardware clock to be set on
local time. I also want my files to be stamped internally with
the same UTC time, and shown with the same local time.

Up to yesterday we were at UTC+2 and everything was fine. Today
we are back at UTC+1, so the hardware clock has been set one
hour back by Windows.

But this has led OpenIndiana to now be one hour late, and if I
fix its clock, Windows goes one hour fast. On both system the
time zone is correct and shows UTC+1 in winter and UTC+2 in
summer.

I have to use the "date" command, From the "time and date"
administration GUI I can only get an hour-glass and/or a
segmentation fault.

On previous occasions, I could fix the setting without
disturbing the hardware clock, but I apparently cannot any
more, either because I am getting more dumb, or because
I missing something while upgrading.

How am I supposed to fix the clock without reinstalling ?

Jean-Pierre