[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: zpool really slow

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Wed Oct 30 15:28:17 UTC 2013

On 30/10/13 15:29, Jim Klimov wrote:
> In the posted output, c8t50014EE6561DDB4Cd0 consistently has large
> service times and percent-busy, while its other values are on par
> with those of other drives (KBs and IOs read/written).

My take on this is that the other values are actually the other drives
aligning their performance on the slowest one.
So basically, in a given pool, kr/s, kw/s are always going to be the
same, no matter what, and they'll be the speed of whatever drive is
slowest in the pool. The asvc_t and %b, however, will designate the culprit.

> See in FMA (i.e. "fmdump") or plain "dmesg" (/var/adm/messages*)
> if there are reports of it being broken or otherwise already
> suspected by the system? Possibly, "iostat -En" would show a
> non-zero counter as well?

iostat -Exn then smartctl, yup.

Laurent