[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gack, no keyboard in firefox - New install

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Sep 8 22:28:51 UTC 2013

Running newly installed 151a7

I've just booted a new install for the first time.  I had occasion to
fireup firefox looking for some send/receive examples on line, but I
cannot type into the google search box.. Or any other input box on
firefox... what the heck.

Typing into xterm works, typing into the applications/run command box
works.

I've had occasion to do 4 new installs in last couple mnths... all
from the same 151a7 image all vbox vms.  But this is the first time
this thing with firefox has come up.

One thing I did different this time was select the 64 bit option on
vbox when setting what OS the vbox was to contain.  The previous oi
installs I selected OracleSolaris 10/09 and earlier.  More by
inattention rather than for some purpose.

This time I choose 10/09 and later, which allows a choice of 32 or 64
bit.  My Host OS is win 64 bit.

And I have done the part about choosing 64 bit before too except that
time it was with Oracle Solaris 11.

Any ideas what can be going on?  I haven't had the chance to screw
anything up yet or I would be thinking its something I've done.
Unless choosing 64 bit is the culprit.