[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can't boot oi_151a8 live USB to desktop

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon Sep 9 21:02:22 UTC 2013

In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Can't boot oi_151a8 live USB to...:

> I've tried it on a ThinkPad T61 and an Asus M4A785-M with an Nvidia 8400GS
> graphics card. I get just a flashing green screen and an X11 "stopwatch"
> cursor.

Huh.  I thought it was doing something I did wrong, as I had the exact same
issue with the live USB image for oi151a8.  I've never had a seizure, but
I think the flashing green might have done it, if I had let it continue.
:-)

This was on a Dell Precision T3600 workstation.

The Live DVD image did not have the issue.

Tim