[OpenIndiana-discuss] Some questions

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Wed Sep 11 19:58:27 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I had to move away from OI a while back because of issued mounting CIFS
on Linux after Ubuntu went up to version 13.04.

I am sat here, on the side lines, looking to come back to OI, and was
wondering if that issue has been resolved ... indeed I wasn't actually
sure where the problem was; whether it was with OI or Ubuntu.

I'd be grateful for some guidance.

Also, as I'm not a system programmer, I wasn't sure how to compile DLNA
so that I could publish my small video collection to the home network;
is there a chance that someone has found a noddy guide to installing
DLNA on OI please?

Many thanks for any advice,

Michelle.