[OpenIndiana-discuss] SDHC card support in OI?

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at runbox.com
Tue Sep 17 19:44:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was experimenting with the less used ports on my laptop today and I found out that if I insert an SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) card it isn't seen by the system, even after a reconfiguration boot.

Now, I've read the sdhost and sdcard man pages and they claim support for SDHC cards.

I've noticed that the reader is not picked up by the Device Driver Utility, while it is reported by prtconf -D as:

pci103c,30dc, instance #0 (driver name: sdhost)

and by scanpci -v as:
pci bus 0x0086 cardnum 0x09 function 0x01: vendor 0x1180 device 0x0822
 Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter
 CardVendor 0x103c card 0x30dc (Hewlett-Packard Company, Card unknown)
  STATUS    0x0210  COMMAND 0x0006
  CLASS     0x08 0x05 0x00  REVISION 0x25
  BIST      0x00  HEADER 0x80  LATENCY 0x00  CACHE 0x10
  BASE0     0xd0001900 SIZE 256  MEM
  BASEROM   0x00000000  addr 0x00000000
  MAX_LAT   0x00  MIN_GNT 0x00  INT_PIN 0x02  INT_LINE 0x0a

There's an old Oracle security report complaining about that same vendor and device ID as a security issue in older versions of OpenSolaris (http://download.oracle.com/sunalerts/1020487.1.html).

Has that particular one been disabled for that reason, or is the whole sdhost driver not working?

Anything I should try (update_drv comes to mind)?

Thank you,
   Bryan

--
Bryan N Iotti