[OpenIndiana-discuss] Booting current generation (EFI) laptops?

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson johann at myrkraverk.com
Thu Sep 19 19:06:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Is there some magic required to boot OI on laptops with EFI?

I did not have any luck with a usb drive in a store yesterday, on
their display machines, and since I want to buy one explicitly for
OI/Illumos development I really want one that has the basics working
out of the box.

Of course I'm not 100% sure I created the usb bootable thing
correctly, so I'll give that a try over the weekend or something, on
yesteryear's hardware, before trying again.

If there're recommendations for some models, I'm also all ears.

My current requirement list: nvidia, intel cpu, working ethernet.

--
Johann

 I'm not from the internet, I just work there.