[OpenIndiana-discuss] Accessing smb shares from windows

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Sep 26 01:54:47 UTC 2013

"Alex Smith (K4RNT)" <shadowhunter at gmail.com> writes:

> You might want to change the sharesmb property to sharecifs. Man pages
> might be of use here. I've done it with the sharecifs property instead of
> smb.

Well, thats a new one on me.... zfs get all has nothing to say about
cifs.

And in fact `man zfs' would seem to indicate that sharesmb does turn
on cifs:

from man zfs
     sharesmb=on | off | opts

         Controls whether the file system is shared by using  the
         Solaris CIFS service, and what options are to be used. A
         file system with the sharesmb property  set  to  off  is

Can you be a bit more specific about which man page you had in mind?