[OpenIndiana-discuss] pulseaudio

real-men-dont-click at gmx.net real-men-dont-click at gmx.net
Thu Sep 26 09:01:19 UTC 2013

-----Original message-----
From:	Milan Jurik <milan.jurik at xylab.cz>
Sent:	Wed 25-09-2013 12:10
Subject:	Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] pulseaudio
To:	Discussion list for OpenIndiana <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>;
> Hi,
>
> it is part of SFE spec files, very same as integrated in S11.1, missing
> is only SunRay support I think. And that is irrelevant these days.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Milan

Hi,

the SunRay stuff is exactly the reason for my search for pulseaudio. If pulseaudio would run on a OI based SunRay server it would be possible to connect a backend server (running linux) via X11/XDMCP and forward the audio from the backend to the OI SunRay server.

As the SunRay software is discontinued by Oracle we are looking for a way to keep the SunRays running without depending on SunRay software being compatible with the latest Linux, OI etc.. The frontend SunRay server(s) would just act as a sort of proxy for the backend servers running OI, Linux, Windows or whatever.

Finally audio is not that important in our environment, but would be nice.

cu

Carsten