[OpenIndiana-discuss] dell r820 quickpath drivers

jason matthews jason at broken.net
Fri Sep 27 19:28:36 UTC 2013

So I am looking at the latest generation r820 from dell. The device driver utility properly identifies the devices i am interested in, ixgbe, igb, ahci, etc but there are a slew of quick path related devices there doesn't seem to be drivers for.

for example there are multiple sets of the following that are in a 'searching' state:

quickpath internetconnect agent ring registers
ring to pci express performance monitor
processor home agent performance monitoring
ring to quickpath interconnect link 0 performance monitoring

there is also the intel MEI controller.

I suspect this probably only nice to have telemetry, but i am not sure. is any of this a show stopper? i am going to regret not having drivers for this stuff?

j.